There are TWO job openings for the City of Memphis as a Maintenance Mechanic.
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Pay: $37,086.40 – $52,977.60 annually
Description: Are you a self-motivated & enthusiastic individual? Do you have the gift of gab? Do you have a “Can Do” attitude? Then we want YOU to be a part of our winning team!!! For 6 years, our company has been serving the MidSouth by providing the best imports around!
- Maintains and repairs equipment and facilities.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs mechanical and electro mechanical machinery and equipment used in large volume waste water treatment plants to ensure continuous operation.
- Operates automotive equipment such as dump trucks and tractors to and from various works sites throughout the City.
- Dismantles, or partially dismantles electric motors, turbines, engines, transmissions, hydraulic valves, meters, gages, and other equipment, to gain access to or remove faulty parts, using hand and power tools, such as wrenches, screwdrivers, and hoists.
- Inspects machines and equipment periodically, lubricating moving parts, or replacing worn parts to prevent breakdown or malfunctioning.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts by conducting diagnosis testing.
- Interprets diagrams, plans, and operation manuals to determine location, size and type of parts.
- Operates onsite mechanical equipment such as All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV) and mowers.
- Adheres to safety requirements such as fall protection, confined space entry, hydrogen sulfide monitoring, eye protection, and respiratory protection.
- Notifies management directly, verbally or in writing of critical problems and emergency situations. Exercises significant independence in maintenance activities and decision making.
- Operates forklifts as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Physical Demands:
- Be able to read blueprints and manufacturer’s manuals.
- Requires visual and physical inspections of mechanical systems, and have ability to detect unusual characteristics.
- Also requires traversing uneven ground and the ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Lifting (approx. 50 lbs.), pulling, reaching, stooping, stretching, balancing and crouching may occur.
- Working Conditions:
- Twenty-four hour, seven-day-week operation, involves shift work assignments.
- Work is performed across a variety of settings both inside and outside of facilities.
- Maintenance Mechanic may be exposed to dust, fumes, odors, noise, heat and all types of extreme weather conditions. Requires the ability to work any assigned shift.
- Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent and two years’ experience or a certification in mechanical maintenance or repair; or any combination of experience and training which enables one to perform the essential job functions.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class “B” Tennessee (or equivalent out-of-state) Commercial Driver License within six (6) months of accepting the position and must comply with Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) Alcohol and Drug testing rules as a condition of continued employment.
- Successfully complete job related skills testing as designated by Human Resources such as problem solving skills, mathematics/computation ability, reading comprehension, and mechanical knowledge/aptitude. Industrial, commercial, or utility mechanical maintenance experience preferred.
- Special Qualifications: The City Charter requires that City Employees must establish residence within Shelby County within six (6) months from date of Employment. Proof of residence will be required at the time of hire.
- Closing date: 7/10/2017
- Job number: 2016-00067-R1
How to apply:
To apply go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/memphistn?page=3
Need to find something a little different? Say no more.
There is another opportunity waiting for you here.