City of Memphis is on fire with so many jobs! This one is for an Engineering Designer AA.
Job Title: Engineering Designer AA
Pay: $53,660.36 – $82,638.40 annually
Description: Works under the direction of the Sr. Design Engineer in the Engineering Division.
- Plans, designs, and directs engineering projects in assigned civil engineering area requiring independent judgment in the evaluation and substantial adaptation of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Provides supervision to professionals and technical staff in the completion of plans and specifications, collection of field survey data, and field inspections; performs complex design responsibilities involving the preparation of design plans, plats, specifications, contract documents, and cost estimates for the construction, maintenance, and alteration of city structures and facilities.
- Performs detailed engineering computations.
- Interprets and analyzes survey field data.
- Inspects various construction sites around the City.
- Assists in reviewing construction plans for compliance with standard engineering practices and City regulations. Researches new developments in engineering techniques, construction methods and materials, and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Communicates on a regular basis with professionals and nonprofessionals regarding construction projects, city policies and regulations, etc.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform calculations and to prepare documents.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Physical Requirements:
- The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with management, staff and the public.
- Ability to conduct site visits involving traversing uneven land on foot.
- The ability to view plans and drawings, and the ability to operate personal computer and automobile
- Working Requirements:
- Majority of work is performed in an office environment with some outdoor work required to visit work sites.
- Must travel throughout the city to attend meetings and conduct site investigations.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and two (2) years’ professional civil engineering experience. Must possess a certification as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT). Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license as a condition of continued employment.
How to apply:
To apply go to City of Memphis jobs.
- Job number: 2017-00291
Need to find something a little different? Say no more.
There is another opportunity waiting for you here.