Metal Museum is on fire with so many jobs! This one is a Marketing & Social Media Coordinator.
Job Title: Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
Description: Lead and strategize marketing and communications efforts of the Metal Museum. Support the project management and coordination of marketing materials, both press and non-press communications, and manage the Museum’s website and online presence.
- Coordinate and execute all marketing activities for museum exhibitions and programs, including e-newsletters, annual report, press releases/kits, event signage, online calendar updates, social media, and presentations.
- Manage marketing and social media timelines, ensuring that other Museum employees and contractors meet content and design deadlines.
- Act as primary liaison to graphic designer to strategize visual branding tactics and language for the Museum’s print and digital collateral.
- Build relationships with the community and media locally, nationally, internationally and within the metalsmithing community.
- Respond to media inquiries, set up interviews and maintain a positive image for the Museum in the media.
- Connect with local businesses about potential partnerships and cross-promotion around exhibitions and programs.
- Maintain an active and scheduled social media presence, targeted to the Museum’s audience.
- Work with staff members, interns, and volunteers to support their participation in social media activities and creation of promotional content.
- Develop and implement strategies to effectively tell the story of the Metal Museum through its primary social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Maintain website, creating and posting content for each exhibition, classes, and events as needed.
- Ensure that the website is up-to-date, accurate and reflects the visual brand of the Museum.
- Maintain and coordinate collaboration on the website blog highlighting recent and upcoming news surrounding the Museum.
- Oversee purchase, coordinate design, and place all print and digital advertising, performing research to place ads most effectively.
- Work with Exhibitions & Collections Manager, Outreach & Education Coordinator, and the Metals Shop Coordinator to develop, implement, and track creative strategies to encourage deeper participation in Metal Museum programming and classes by both new and existing visitors and members.
- Actively and enthusiastically represent the Metal Museum in the community. Must be proactive about attending arts-related events and programming in order to build and maintain relationships locally and nationally.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Physical Requirements:
- Excellent project management skills with strong ability to work on multiple projects at time
- Deadline oriented with strong ability to meet quick deadlines
- Ability to work closely and communicate with designers and other employees to complete projects on time
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong attention to detail
- Working Requirements:
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Proficient in social media marketing trends and strategies
- Familiarity with website design preferred
- Digital marketing background preferred
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor degree, with a major in marketing, communications, art administration or public relations highly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in marketing or communications is required.
- Experience in marketing and communications in a museum or other arts organization highly preferred.
How to apply:
To Apply Send a resumé, cover letter, three references, and a writing sample to Carissa Hussong Executive Director email@example.com
Need to find something a little different? Say no more.
There is another opportunity waiting for you here.