Shelby Farms Park is hiring a Park Ranger! Love the outdoors? Check it out!
Job Title: Park Ranger
The Park Ranger is responsible for keeping Shelby Farms Park clean, green and safe to ensure an excellent visitor experience every day. The Ranger is a steward of the landscapes, natural resources and wildlife in our care and is focused on creating a healthy, thriving park for people and wildlife.
- Provides life safety and emergency assistance to visitors; supports law enforcement, fire, EMS
- Actively engages with visitors to provide excellent hospitality and visitor experience; shares mission, park history and news and information with visitors
- Performs inspections and preventative maintenance on all systems, grounds and facilities
- Collaborates with team to support facility rentals, volunteer projects, events and programs
- Manages litter, debris and recyclable materials daily to ensure a clean park
- Opens and closes park entry gates and public buildings daily
- Communicates and enforces park rules
Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED
- Proven relevant work experience; outdoors, recreational, landscape management, horticulture, maintenance, wildlife, natural resource management
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong verbal communication skills that balance professionalism, diplomacy and compassion
- Issues, as well as follows, oral and written instruction
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays as needed
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on all park equipment and features
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor in outdoor setting, including in inclement weather
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and work in a constant pace; lift and carry 50 pounds; carry, climb and work on a ladder
- Can safely operate park vehicles and equipment
- Must possess a valid State of Tennessee driver’s license
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Demonstrates values of collaboration, accountability, authenticity, trust and learning
- Commitment to the consistent production of high quality, detailed work
- Organizes, plans, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner
- Manages stress in a fast-paced, changing organization
- Collaborates with people of different races, backgrounds, experiences and educational levels
- Elicits confidence and builds rapport
- Enthusiastic, dependable, self-motivated, and self-aware
How To Apply:
Need to find something a little different? Say no more.
There is another opportunity waiting for you here.