EPIcenter is Hiring a Capital Manager. Do you aspire to be an entrepreneur? Apply here.
Job Title: Capital Manager
Responsible for coordination of all capital-related activities for EPIcenter, including identification of capital providers, structuring of capital packages for companies and assisting companies in preparation for capital requests.
- Mapping the existing capital environment in Memphis and immediate surrounding area
- Working with capital providers to attract financing to startups and existing small businesses
- Working with EPIcenter partners to identify capital needs of client companies
- Constructing capital stack packages as appropriate for client companies, including equity investment, loans and small capital grants
- Identifying potential new capital partners
- Working with partners to prepare client companies for capital requests
- Developing entrepreneurial workshops and training programs related to capital and finance
- Establishing and tracking metrics related to capital requests and awards
- Researching and understanding new trends in capital financing
- Developing understanding of lending practices for range of loans including micro-loans up to approximately $1 million
- Strong understanding of equity investment in growth and community-based businesses
- Some understanding of (or willingness to learn) structure of growth and community-based businesses
Skills and Qualifications:
- This position requires at least a Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) from a four-year college or university.
- This position requires a three to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with broad range of partners in both growth / tech related field and community-based economic development.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Participation in EPIcenter and industry events that warrant staff help in the form of speaking or representation.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google, Wikipedia, and LinkedIn.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit use hands to touch, handle, or feel, talk, and hear. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus, especially due to concentration on a computer screen and graphics. The job requires only occasional overnight travel.
How To Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to:
Office Manager at EPIcenter
Via mail: 902 S. Cooper St., Memphis, TN 38104
Need to find something a little different? Say no more.
There is another opportunity waiting for you here.