The City of Memphis is starting to look for college students for their Urban Fellow Internship.
Job Title: Urban Fellow Internship
The Memphis Urban Fellows Program (MUFP) is a year-round initiative that offers local college students the opportunity to intern with various divisions of the City of Memphis Government. Our mission is to develop the change agents of tomorrow, future City of Memphis leaders, and enhance the interaction of area college students with City government, all in support of retaining the best and brightest talent for Memphis. This is a paid internship which provides the opportunity for growth, networking, and personal fulfillment.
Since 2011, over 280 students from various educational institutions have interned as Urban Fellows across many divisions within City of Memphis Government.
- The Urban Fellows intern completes challenging projects proposed by division leaders, which benefits the City of Memphis and the participant through mutual collaboration and input in solution building for our most pressing issues facing government today.
- Urban Fellows get firsthand knowledge and exposure to strategies that help shape a more efficient and effective government.
- Past projects have included input from students on various strategic and administrative priorities including improving neighborhood watch programs, creating an online benefits-management portal, performing analysis of best recruitment strategies for the Spanish-speaking community, and recommend body-worn camera solutions in the Real Time Crime Center.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Urban Fellow Interns are paid $12/hr for their service to the City of Memphis.
- Participants are afforded the chance to earn college credit hours for their participation in the Urban Fellows Program.
- All documentation required for college credit must be completed by the student, with necessary support from their Mentor.
- Interns are expected to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week, a maximum of 20 hours, to their assigned service centers for the duration of the program.
- Application Due Date for Fall Term: August 25th
- Notification of Selection: September 7th
- Orientation: September 20th
- Report to City Divisions: September 20th – November 29th
How To Apply:
Interested? Apply Here.
Need to find something a little different? Say no more.
There is another opportunity waiting for you here.