Shelby County is hiring a Spanish teacher. Come make a difference.
Job Title: Spanish Teacher
Shelby County Schools—one of the 25 largest school districts in the nation—is located in Memphis, TN. We’re known for our great food, original music, professional sports and high-quality arts in the most affordable urban setting in the nation. Not only that, but Memphis is a hotbed and national leader for groundbreaking work in public education.
Shelby County Schools is accepting Spanish Teacher applications for all grade levels for the 2017-18 school year.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Believe that student failure is not an option
- Take responsibility for student growth
- Be masters of pedagogy and content knowledge
- Continuously develop their skills
- Lead and manage the classroom
- Engage all students
- Work collaboratively with peers
- Build strong relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree and be eligible to work in the United States.
- To qualify for a Spanish teaching position, you must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have an active teaching license in Spanish (in-state or out of state) OR
- Have a bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.75+ GPA WITH a major in Spanish OR
- Have a bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.75+ GPA (with any major) AND a passing Praxis II in Spanish (5195); passing score is 163
- If you qualify for option 2 or 3, you must be willing to enroll in education coursework if offered a position. This is required in order to receive a Practitioner teaching license in Tennessee. The coursework also offers support and strategies you can apply to your teaching.Unfortunately, Shelby County Schools is unable to sponsor candidates who need an H-1B visa.
How To Apply:
Visit www.teachmemphis.org to submit an instructional application.
An offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check. At Shelby County Schools, we know that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply to this position. Shelby County Schools offers educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, disability, national origin, or genetic information.
Need to find something a little different? Say no more.
There is another opportunity waiting for you here.